In a regulated industry in which compliance matters, we provide information and insight on the laws and regulations affecting the business of insurance. We promote healthy discussion and dialog about the rapidly evolving federal and state regulatory insurance arena.
The Regulatory & Legislative Interest Group strives to:
• Be the first source CPCU Society members use to learn about proposed or recently enacted insurance laws and regulations
• Be recognized within the Society as one of the premier Interest Groups
• Provide relevant regulatory information about all countries, including those that may affect United States marketplaces.
• Be a trusted source of information about the various U.S. insurance markets
• Provide a forum for discussion on pertinent regulatory or legislative issues
• Educate the industry on regulatory and legislative issues by sponsoring a seminar at the CPCU Society Annual Meeting, organizing webinars on current topics and writing articles for Society publications on topics of current interest
Regs & Legs has earned the Circle of Excellence Platinum Award in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Prior to that, Regs & Legs maintained Gold status on an annual basis.
A Message From the Chair
Thank you for visiting our web page! The Regulatory & Legislative Interest Group (“Regs & Legs) is a fantastic, innovative and cutting-edge interest group that is constantly looking to place its thumbprint on our industry. Our eclectic group of professionals, spanning all disciplines and functions, focuses primarily on three things: educating, sharing ideas and providing thought leadership. Whether we’re publishing articles in the CPCU Society’s technical journal, host webinars, sharing information via social media or a chat room, hosting workshops at the CPCU Society Annual Meeting, or engaging on a local level in our communities, we are an active, relevant interest group!
Come join us! We are constantly looking for new individuals who want to plug in and contribute. As mentioned, you do not need to be a lawyer or compliance professional to join our group! We have contributors from such fields as information technology, claims, consulting, risk management, regulation and many others who are valued, contributing members of our broad interest group. We’d love to hear from you!
Please feel free to reach out and contact me should have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you, and please check out our website for helpful links and tidbits of information to help you!